Texas Eagle Diversion Dates STL-CHI?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Explore

Train Attendant
I think the Eagle is scheduled to operate via C&EI St. Louis-Chicago and v.v. on Saturday 23rd, but not Sunday 24th October? How likely is it that the detour will actually occur on 23rd, or is there some chance it will be called off that date? Thanks....

Looks like the train is detouring on October 23 and not the 24th.

Lincoln Service and Texas Eagle Temporary Service Changes
Yes, my question is.....is there any "danger" they might finish that component of the track upgrade early, and the Eagle uses the regular Alton route instead? That would indeed be unfortunate after a long air trip to get there.
I suppose they could finish early, but the only ones who would know that are those in charge of the work. If they do finish early I doubt if there would be more than a day's notice. I think the work will continue into November, so the chance for any early quit are probably nil for the October work.

Is it just different track that would go unnoticed by any average traveler or is it substantially different and unique enough to be a real eye grabber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back