Thanksgiving Illinois schedules

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudenHoggart

Service Attendant
We're planning to take the train the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving from either St. Louis or Alton up to Chicago. Because it will be a busy period I'd like to book tickets fairly soon.

I realize no one can know about this for sure, but what are the best informed estimates (guesses?) about when the timetables will be adjusted for high-speed service?

And what's the best guess about when service at Alton will move to the new station?

Thanks!

Book your tickets right now from St. Louis to Chicago. You can modify your reservation to board in Alton any time between now and then. Plan on the present schedules; if they change, they change. Roll with it.

Thanks. I'm aware of the advantages of booking now. I'm trying to make some other plans around the best guesses for Thanksgiving train timings, and also the move of the Alton station.

Any guess on a schedule change is just that, a guess. It's unlikely to be more than plus-or-minus thirty minutes either way. You can always try to change your reservation if a schedule change happens, but best to have a reservation you can live with in the system anyway.

If the new Alton station opens and is more convenient for you than St. Louis, you can ALWAYS modify your reservation so that you board/debark in Alton instead of St. Louis. Making the change the other way around may not be possible.

Back