The Amtrak Coca-Cola train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve seen it a few times up and down the corridor. It’s not a bad looking wrap, IMO. It’s always funny seeing passengers’ reactions as the train pulls into the station. Phones come out, pictures get taken.

I really wish we took advantage of more of these advertising opportunities. Not just rolling stock but in stations as well. I remember seeing the Nest advertising campaign at South Station a few years back or so. Looked fantastic! Very tasteful. MBTA knows how to do it, Amtrak can do the same.

There will always be purists who are completely against diluting the brand image but I say go for it. With the kind of ridership we’re getting, the foot traffic through stations, and the mileage these trains are accumulating up and down the corridor, I think we’re missing out on a lot of revenue here.

Although I prefer Pepsi - I like this and would love to see it in person ... but, since it is an electric it will not make it on either of the Silvers down here in Florida.

This is the kind of passive marketing I don't mind at all. Sure beats constant email spam, pop-ups that block content on websites, obnoxious robocalls and telemarketers, and even radio/TV commercials.

I think it only has limited applications on the NEC. After all, you may not get a clear shot of it while it is at speed so the only time you may get bang for your buck is while it is in the station.

If I wasn't aware of what this was, I probably wouldn't realize it as it passes:

Caltrain in the SF Bay Area frequently has at least one of their train consists wrapped in advertisements purchased by some local company for a specific period of time.

But if there is anything obstructing my view out the window for a train I've ridden specifically so I can enjoy the scenery, I will be SERIOUSLY ticked off.

I believe this was an issue with the Cake Boss train. At any rate, revenue is revenue so I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing more of this. It didn't take too long to wrap this engine.

But if there is anything obstructing my view out the window for a train I've ridden specifically so I can enjoy the scenery, I will be SERIOUSLY ticked off.
I believe this was an issue with the Cake Boss train. At any rate, revenue is revenue so I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing more of this.
I've always appreciated the relative lack of advertising on Amtrak. I wouldn't mind adding wraps that don't impact any window viewing but I feel claustrophobic on transit systems where there is limited visibility due to aggressive advertising. Some systems include hanging ads that I have to sidestep or duck under in order to avoid being slapped in the face and I really dislike that version as well. In a few cases I've noticed ads bumping up against safety markers and warning messages. Which leaves me wondering if there will eventually be a point where the brain simply becomes overwhelmed and risks missing important visual queues due to over-stimulation.

Last edited:
I caught 606 on Train 99 today at Holmesburg Jct. in Philadelphia. It is rumored that it was the last trip for 606 with the Coca-Cola wrapping.

And, yes, it was just a rumor. It’s headed to Boston right now. [emoji57]

Which leaves me wondering if there will eventually be a point where the brain simply becomes overwhelmed and risks missing important visual queues due to over-stimulation.

"We estimate that we can sell up to eighty percent of an individual's visual field before inducing seizures...." Character Nolan Sorrento, Ready Player One (movie).

Back