The Canadian, "berths no longer available"?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

caravanman

Engineer
I seem to remember a few years back that upper and lower sleeping berths were offered, in addition to the solo and double compartments. Have they been permanently removed from the VIA long distance trains?

zephyr17

Engineer
I seem to remember a few years back that upper and lower sleeping berths were offered, in addition to the solo and double compartments. Have they been permanently removed from the VIA long distance trains?
They are still physically there in the Manor and unconverted Chateaus. They just aren't selling them right now due to COVID.

Marbleski

Train Attendant
I noticed discounted upper and lower berths available early May from Vancouver to Toronto For $2600 or so Canadian. There is no option to book one berth however. I assume you need to book both the upper and lower. All the bedrooms seemed to be sold out on many trips as well.