The "Green" New Deal solves HS Rail Travel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm worried that AOC is going to "solve" this for us by making it politically radioactive.  Right now she's on my list of least favorite people in DC.

She's the most competent politician in the US since FDR, and I say that having spent a *lot* of time studying politics and political history.  Don't underestimate her and do NOT get on her bad side.  If you know how to read polls, you'll realize that anything she *opposes* becomes politically radioactive.

She's got extremely high skill/talent at all three of the major components of being a politician: policy mastery, PR, and horse-trading/log-rolling.  This is *extremely* rare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I can agree that she has a handle on the media side of things.  I think her skills at either policy mastery or horse-trading/log-rolling have yet to be determined; thus far, I will grant that she's made a lot of noise but the ultimate impact of said noise is necessarily TBD.

(I'm not going to entirely fault her for the messy rollout of the GND...I understand that at least one tampered-with version of her release was published.  Let's face it, there's stuff you can't control out there.)

Back