the Metropolitan Lounge union station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

white rabbitt

Lead Service Attendant
here is my question

i have a sleeper from chicago to austin on the texas eagle in april

if i go to the public libary and print the pdf e ticket will they give u trouble getting in

If you have a ticket for a sleeper on that day (whether arriving or departing), you should have no trouble getting in.

Do you have an electronic copy of the ticket on your phone? If so, you should be able to show that. Or go to a quicktrak machine and print out your ticket there.

Do you have an iPhone? If so, you can download the eTicket, and it will show up in iBooks under .pdfs. This is really helpful when the Wi-Fi is spotty and your email won't load. The .pdf will pull up in iBooks without an internet connection because it's stored in your phone's memory.

I believe you could do something similar with an Android, but I'm not familiar with the software.

What Amtrak Blue said. You can either show them "your ticket" on your phone, you can print it at a QT machine (there're 4-6 between the main entrance and the Metropolitan Lounge) or they can even print your ticket inside the Lounge!

Do you have an iPhone? If so, you can download the eTicket, and it will show up in iBooks under .pdfs. This is really helpful when the Wi-Fi is spotty and your email won't load. The .pdf will pull up in iBooks without an internet connection because it's stored in your phone's memory.
I believe you could do something similar with an Android, but I'm not familiar with the software.
If you have an iPhone, just use the iPhone app to pull up the eTicket.

People use print outs all the time, including me, and I have never had a problem.

last year i had a regular ticket and used the lounge my cell phone is not a smart phone

just a pantech persuit att phone. i will go to the detroit amtrak station before my trip

and have them print my ticket since one way is a AGR reward and the return i paid cash for'

i enjoyed the lounge last year

If you have an iPhone, just use the iPhone app to pull up the eTicket.

People use print outs all the time, including me, and I have never had a problem.
My eTicket doesn't show up in the app unless I purchase the ticket through the app itself. Tickets I purchase online only show up in my email.

Unless they've updated it? I haven't taken a trip since November, and I know the app has had an upgrade since then.

last year i had a regular ticket and used the lounge my cell phone is not a smart phonejust a pantech persuit att phone. i will go to the detroit amtrak station before my trip

and have them print my ticket since one way is a AGR reward and the return i paid cash for'

i enjoyed the lounge last year
That's a good idea. :) The lounge is very nice. Have fun on your trip!

Whatever format you were planning on using to show the Conductor onboard will work to get you into the Metropolitan Lounge.

The nice thing about eTickets is that you can print as many of them as you want. You can print 10 of them now if you want to, & have one in your pocket to show at the Metropolitan Lounge when you arrive.

So, what happens if you have neither a smart phone or a printer? Can you get your ticket at the station? At the moment, I have no printer.

Edit: I just saw the answer to this question in another thread. However, in the other thread it sounds like I can just give the conductor my name? Is this correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what happens if you have neither a smart phone or a printer? Can you get your ticket at the station? At the moment, I have no printer.
Edit: I just saw the answer to this question in another thread. However, in the other thread it sounds like I can just give the conductor my name? Is this correct?
Just giving your name together with an Id card (e.g. Drivers License) should do the trick if push comes to shove. Such happens if you board at a station that does not have an agent or QuickTrak machine to print the document out.

There are several quiktrak machines at Chicago Union Station. I used one to print my AGR ticket for a ride on the California Zephyr two weeks ago.

You can use the QuikTrak or ask an agent. When we checked into the Metro Lounge in Chicago, they printed one off for us without being asked. This made boarding much easier, as the conductor collected boarding passes in the Lounge before we did the kindergarten walk to the sleepers.

My eTicket doesn't show up in the app unless I purchase the ticket through the app itself. Tickets I purchase online only show up in my email.

Unless they've updated it? I haven't taken a trip since November, and I know the app has had an upgrade since then.
Mine do. Is your Amtrak app logged into your AGR number? If it is, it should bring up all your on-line reservations, including AGR award travel.

If you don't have any type of "hard copy", I believe you can get a ticket from a QuikTrak by entering the reservation number and the number of the credit card used to purchase the ticket.

Mine do. Is your Amtrak app logged into your AGR number? If it is, it should bring up all your on-line reservations, including AGR award travel.
Yup. Maybe they fixed it with the upgrade. I'm about to book an AGR trip, so I'll check it and see if it shows up.

At the QuickTrak, you can put any credit card in the machine to get it to work. You don't even need to have the card you paid with. Like the post right above ^^^ it turns it on and you can pull up your ticket either by typing your AGR# or reservation #.

At the QuickTrak, you can put any credit card in the machine to get it to work. You don't even need to have the card you paid with. Like the post right above ^^^ it turns it on and you can pull up your ticket either by typing your AGR# or reservation #.
An AGR card will also turn on the machine and it makes things even easier, as it will pull up all reservations that include your AGR number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back