The most unusual passengers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel free to message me anytime. I'll try to respond as fast as I can. I try to check AU at least once a day on my laptop on work trips. Especially when I have threads I'm monitoring closely.

I am with him now awaiting #6. I’ll message you when I get settled on the train. The acoustics at Emeryville make it very difficult to concentrate and he can’t hear me well here anyway. Vice versa is true as well.

We are currently in Granby Colorado waiting out an incident that apparently happened in the cafe. I heard the police were involved. We’re moving again after a 40-45 minute delay to resolve the issue. I’ll update if I hear more.

Never seen a furry on a train despite commuting in Chicago which hosts many conventions. However, I once saw a man carrying a bat'leth (huge funky Klingon sword from Star Trek) on an inbound Metra on a Saturday morning.

He wasn't in costume, so maybe he was going to a convention to sell it? It wasn't in a scabbard, but then I can't recall seeing a bat'leth being drawn from a scabbard on the show.

The guy seemed pleasant when the conductor spoke with him, and the bat'leth didn't have a sharpened edge yet, so he didn't seem threatening, but it was still odd.

Most pet owners imbue their animals with at least some human characteristics, so I guess it is okay for the reverse to happen too! ;)

As the former proprietor of a fancy dress costume hire business, I did note that sometimes when folk got into their outfits, they acquired a change of personality.

Yes Tim, I know this is off your topic too...

Back