The Music City Star, Tennessee

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Когда вы хотите ездить по Транссибирской магистрали, и вы хотите вести познавательные беседы с местными жителями. Поэтому я выучил русский язык, чтобы я мог это сделать.

Когда вы хотите ездить по Транссибирской магистрали, и вы хотите вести познавательные беседы с местными жителями. Поэтому я выучил русский язык, чтобы я мог это сделать.
It's a very long trip, allowing for plenty of this, plus you're certain to run into other English (or German) speakers - depending on the time of year of course.

Я думаю, что я один из немногих трехязычных людей здесь. Немецкий, русский и английский.
In studying Russian it always interested me to note the use of "I think..." to begin a sentence. Sometimes it is said slowly to cover for "Wait a minute! I'm trying to think of an answer that won't get me in trouble!"

For a link back to railroading with Russians: Irish Smile – Berlin 1969

Since this thread has become a contest so we can all one up each other in what languages we know, does anyone want to join me in discussing the Music City Star in FORTRAN or COBOL or (for the young people) Python? Even Google doesn't have a language translator for them so it would be really exclusive! :D

1111 01010111 00100000 01000001 01000010 01001111 01010101 01010100 00100000 01010100 01001000 0100101001000 0100001 01010011

On a really good day I can speak English without making too many mistakes... as for the other stuff, I have no clue! 🤠

800px_COLOURBOX19411970.jpg

The Music City Star uses former Metra Pullman bi-level coaches and cab cars. They were completely gutted and rehabilitated by Metra in-house in the early to mid-1990s for its North Central Service line expansion which started in August 1996. Most of these cars were built for the Chicago & North Western railroad. Although, one or two may hve been built for the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific (as an add-on to a C&NW car order).

Back