The Parker Peavine Extra excursion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal

Engineer
Hello, I am curious. I go through Parker, AZ, every few years when some family and I go camping nearby. I know that this excursion train went through there, and I'd like to know more about it.

I believe there was a steam charter with ATSF 3751 that did that once because it was a place they could run relatively easily. I also think Trains & Travel a travel agent has ran one or two over the years.

I never knew much about the Peavine but I did see this video a while back. Probably not too helpful with questions about scheduling, service, or pricing, but at least it shows what the route would look like. 🤷‍♂️

I never knew much about the Peavine but I did see this video a while back. Probably not too helpful with questions about scheduling, service, or pricing, but at least it shows what the route would look like. 🤷‍♂️

I've seen that video before, unfortunately it doesn't go on the route I was talking of. The Peavine Excursion ran through Parker AZ on it's way to I believe Phoenix. Didn't go over the full Peavine Sub

Back