This is new...a call back correction

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to make a minor change to an existing reservation and I don't trust myself enough to make that change online without messing it up, so I called AGR.

After waiting on hold the seemingly requisite half hour after opening at 8, I spoke to an agent who frankly didn't seem to have her act together. Basically, she acted like I couldn't do what I wanted to do so I gave up and moved on.

Lo and behold an hour later I received a call from Amtrak telling me they monitored the call and the agent gave me wrong info and wanted to correct it. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, here or anywhere. Wow, maybe they DO listen. 😉

I wanted to make a minor change to an existing reservation and I don't trust myself enough to make that change online without messing it up, so I called AGR.

After waiting on hold the seemingly requisite half hour after opening at 8, I spoke to an agent who frankly didn't seem to have her act together. Basically, she acted like I couldn't do what I wanted to do so I gave up and moved on.

Lo and behold an hour later I received a call from Amtrak telling me they monitored the call and the agent gave me wrong info and wanted to correct it. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, here or anywhere. Wow, maybe they DO listen. 😉
Might be some new agents on the AGR lines, or maybe transferred in from the regular call center. The one I spoke to yesterday was confused about the qualification period for Select status. But no complaints: she put me on hold while she verified the info with somebody else, and overall was very friendly and helpful.

An update on this: Ended up with an extremely pleasant conversation with a CSR, same one who left me the message; I was able to call him back directly. Best one I have ever spoken with at Amtrak. Won't go into the minute details of the change I needed in light of the 40% off promotion but he initially told me to book a new reservation and he would cancel mine so that I got the full refund for the points I originally paid, and avoid a penalty. I insisted that I do this while he was on the phone with me. Good thing I did because I got the following error: "The promotion code entered is not valid for this reservation." Bummer. He could not explain that but ended up crediting the difference in points to my account. Win one for me!

However, while I had him on the line, we had a nice conversation about a couple things, neither of which is breaking news but confirms what we have been hearing. First, he says that there will be an announcement in October about the new card, but that B of A wil likely have to disclose the change with current cardholders in the not too distant future to allow us to opt out of that. He did not know any details about the news card as Amtrak is not sharing any of that with the front line at this time. He also said these cancellations have been a major headache for the CSRs as well as customers, but reiterated that it really does have to do with the lack of mechanics to repair bad ordered cars and inspections. He said he is taking a trip soon and is sweating out the car situation with the rest of us! Again, not new information, but helps allay conspiracy theories, in my mind.

Also, if anyone is thinking about a trip on the CL during the promotional period, he says there are "plenty" of rooms.

However, while I had him on the line, we had a nice conversation about a couple things, neither of which is breaking news but confirms what we have been hearing. First, he says that there will be an announcement in October about the new card, but that B of A wil likely have to disclose the change with current cardholders in the not too distant future to allow us to opt out of that. He did not know any details about the news card as Amtrak is not sharing any of that with the front line at this time.
Bank of America having to disclose something soon so current cardholders can opt out sounds like what is happening to the AAA card. The B of A accounts are becoming Comenity accounts. No application necessary but no sign-up bonus either.

If my billing periods close on the 7th &15th, I have both AGR cards, will I earn points for charges in the beginning of Oct, or will we have a earning gap between the cards?

Back