Three in a bedroom?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanson

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
On a recent multi-segment trip, my wife and I decided to sleep together on the lower (wider) berth. Seemed to work fine.

In June, we're taking another multi-city trip, but this time we are taking our 26 year-old son as well, and planning to put him in the upper, and Janice and I cuddle in the lower.

My question is, will the call center employees tell us that we cannot have three in a bedroom? What is anyone's experience in this situation?

As information, our son has a mild disability and LOVES train riding. We have used the family room on previous trips, but it's not ideal.

Yes you can book three in a bedroom. You should be able to do it on-line, and if you call you might get lucky and get that the employee that does not know you can. Just ask them to check with there supervisor, you don’t need to talk to there supervisor just have them talk and learn that you can book three in a bedroom.

I would phone and speak to an agent (and as previously mentioned, ask for a supervisor if the agent balks). If you are an AGR member, I would phone the AGR number since those agents are more experienced.

Yes you can book three in a bedroom. You should be able to do it on-line, and if you call you might get lucky and get that the employee that does not know you can. Just ask them to check with there supervisor, you don’t need to talk to there supervisor just have them talk and learn that you can book three in a bedroom.
I thought you could only book 3 adults for a daytime journey in a Bedroom....

I thought you could only book 3 adults for a daytime journey in a Bedroom....

I have done 5 in a bedroom suite, so no first hand knowledge of getting three in a bedroom.

Only way I can seem to book three in a bedroom on-line is if one is a child. How do you manage it?

I was booking a bedroom suite, so I was on the phone, with a agent. She had to move people around to get me those two bedrooms. The number of people did not faze her.

Two clicks on the Amtrak web site and the FAQ section say one or two people for a sleeper compartment. Unless it’s a suite or a family room. So calling the Agent would be need for you to book this trip.

On a recent multi-segment trip, my wife and I decided to sleep together on the lower (wider) berth. Seemed to work fine.

In June, we're taking another multi-city trip, but this time we are taking our 26 year-old son as well, and planning to put him in the upper, and Janice and I cuddle in the lower.

My question is, will the call center employees tell us that we cannot have three in a bedroom? What is anyone's experience in this situation?

As information, our son has a mild disability and LOVES train riding. We have used the family room on previous trips, but it's not ideal.
I have booked 3 in a bedroom many times. You have to call to book it. The reason being is that Amtrak wants to ensure that you are informed that the bottom bunk is small and you will be sharing. Otherwise you will have no issues.

I did three in a bedroom to Atlanta, it was the H room, then 3 in a bedroom from NO to Newark, but he was a 6 year old and his mother and he thought it was fun to pass gas as much as he could the whole trip, but we absolutely had a great time

Back