Three Rivers???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chertling

Lead Service Attendant
IMAG0792.jpg

When riding the Missouri River Runner back from Kirkwood yesterday, I noticed that some of the posters in the Cafe Car were VERY out of date.

Only five years out of date. :D

I would have to assume that Amtrak doesn't deem it worth the trouble to remove an old advertisement from its car when bringing it in for refurbishment or maintenance. Either that, or those who would remove the ad are unaware of its obsolescence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran into the same thing on the River Runner as well, only that Chicago was scribbled out with permanent marker. The same was done to the Orlando of the Sunset Limited advertisement.

This could be a super-long shot, but the one time I rode on the Three Rivers (December 2003), there were several Horizon cars on the consist. Could this cafe car be left over from that period, hence the ad? (Then again, why advertise a train you're already on?)

This could be a super-long shot, but the one time I rode on the Three Rivers (December 2003), there were several Horizon cars on the consist. Could this cafe car be left over from that period, hence the ad? (Then again, why advertise a train you're already on?)
This Ad is the newer Ad campaign. Good try but no. The TR was known for its odd consist and long consist of mail cars and roadrailers. Five Passenger cars and about 10-15 MHC & RR's. I rode the TR when it had Heritage and Viewliner sleepers. Nice ride. Long wait in Chicago though. They cut off the roadrailers and mail cars. That took 30 minutes to a Hour! :blink:

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back