Quantcast

Tier status extended

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

MARC Rider

Conductor
Just got an email from AGR:

Tier Status – Your Select Plus status will be extended for an additional year, through February 28, 2022. We know that tier status is important to you and have made this update so that you don't need to worry about losing your benefits. No action is needed from you—your status will be automatically extended.
Well that's nice, as I suspect I won't be doing a whole lot of Amtrak traveling this summer, and maybe not even that much in the fall.

willem

Conductor
The version I received, which I expect is the same as what you received, went on to say this.

Travel Flexibility – We are waiving change fees on all new or existing reservations made before May 31, 2020, including reservations booked with points, so you can book your future travel with confidence knowing your reservations are flexible.
That is the same phrasing, if I recall correctly, that prompted oregon pioneer to ask if it meant what it said. It seems like Amtrak has had plenty of time to change the phrasing if, as multiple members have reported agents saying, Amtrak intends it to mean that changes must be made by May 31.

the_traveler

Conductor
American Airlines has the same confusing statement.

For reservations or award reservations made before 5/31 for travel thru 9/30, there is no change or reinstatement fees. For reservations made after 6/1, there are no fees if canceled more than 60 days prior to departure.

So if I have a reservation on 10/12, because I booked in March, I have fees. However, if I book that same 10/12 flight on 6/1, because it is more than 60 days before departure, there is no fee? 🤔 That doesn’t make sense!:oops:

I’m trying to get clarification on this.

tim49424

Conductor
Just got an email from AGR:

Well that's nice, as I suspect I won't be doing a whole lot of Amtrak traveling this summer, and maybe not even that much in the fall.
I got that email too. Glad to know my Select Plus status has been extended and won't go to waste.