Tier status extended/bumped

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I was about 2400 points short of the 20,000 points needed, received Select Executive status (3rd year in a row!)
Received today from Amtrak Guest Rewards!

"Carolyn,
You earned a lot of Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) in 2023. Although you didn’t have quite enough to earn Select Executive status, we’re awarding it to you for 2024 anyway. Thank you for traveling with us and being a loyal Amtrak Guest Rewards® member.
Your Select Executive status will be activated on January 17, and your new coupons will be available in your account. We’re looking forward to seeing you on board again soon."​

I just got an email that awarded me Select Status. I was just short of it by very few points and would have earned it outright except we switched to my wife's new Amtrak CC go get her spend done. We went well past that so I should have changed back to my card but did not. It all worked out. First time at this level, but really the first time I really used the CC all year.

Living in the SE US I don't have much need for the lounge pass but I might use it coming and going for an upcoming trip to DC in a few months.That assumes I don't win the roomette bid-up.

Looks like I was rounded up to the next level today in the app and extended into 2025. I'd fallen 400-some points short of the next tier. No email as of yet.

I'm rooting for you all, even if you crash the site now going to check and booking your next travel at your increased level.
Me too! Yippee! I was just under 1,000 short. Best part for me is the 50% points bonus.

I just checked to see if I'm good for the year and TQP's are at 0 it says my status expires on 2/29/2024 should I be concerned if they'll renew me?
I took many trips last year so I'm surprised that reset without extending my status.

I just checked to see if I'm good for the year and TQP's are at 0 it says my status expires on 2/29/2024 should I be concerned if they'll renew me?
I took many trips last year so I'm surprised that reset without extending my status.
As long as you earned the status during last year, I would expect it to renew at the end of February.

It seems like this week has just been status upgrades (for people who might not have earned enough TPQs to make it to the next tier).

Last edited:
I have not received an email and am hoping to receive one informing me my status has been extended or bumped.

Got an email yesterday that I’m Select for another year—must be a freebie upgrade, since I’m nowhere near the points needed for Select.

I went into my AGR account to make sure, and it’s there, with the two lounge coupons — very nice to have.

However, under “upcoming trips,” none of my trips are listed—and it doesn’t even say I have no upcoming trips. So there’s always something.😁

Got an email yesterday that I’m Select for another year—must be a freebie upgrade, since I’m nowhere near the points needed for Select.

I went into my AGR account to make sure, and it’s there, with the two lounge coupons — very nice to have.

However, under “upcoming trips,” none of my trips are listed—and it doesn’t even say I have no upcoming trips. So there’s always something.😁
You are lucky. I was not bumped. After being Select Executive for as many years as Select Executive has been offered, I am now Select, which was earned. I was hoping that I would be bumped to Select Plus. :(

I don't think I received any email notification, but it does appear I was upgraded to Select Plus this year despite being about 1,000 points short. I used to qualify for Select Plus regularly but I only received Select status the past few years after I swore off the eastern overnight trains over the flex-food business. But we did manage quite a few trips last year on day trains in the Maine-Virginia-Niagara Falls triangle.

Last edited:
I was Select Plus but had nowhere near enough TQPs to keep either Select Plus or Select. However, they allowed me to keep Select status 😊
When one does not make enough points in the past they have consistently limited the downgrade to one level per year.

Looks like I made Select Plus again by a hair's breadth. I think the situation will be similar for next year too given the trips that are planned for this year so far. It will be a bit more if I splurge for a Silver round trip to get to the AU Gathering in Toronto. These days a Silver Roomette round trip from Florida to NY bags you enough TQP to get you quarter of the way to Select Plus.

When one does not make enough points in the past they have consistently limited the downgrade to one level per year.
They downgraded me 2 levels, much to my disappointment.

Looks like I made Select Plus again by a hair's breadth. I think the situation will be similar for next year too given the trips that are planned for this year so far. It will be a bit more if I splurge for a Silver round trip to get to the AU Gathering in Toronto. These days a Silver Roomette round trip from Florida to NY bags you enough TQP to get you quarter of the way to Select Plus.
Don't remind me...I looked at it to/from the NARP spring meeting. IIRC it was like $700 each way. Delta was like $260 in F. No contest there.

Back