Time is running out to earn 50% more points.

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Visitor200

Train Attendant
Okay, when if this offer comes up again . . . and Amtrak wants me to spend each year 5000 points to get Select membership, does that mean I will only need to spend $2500 to get 5000 point?

pennyk

Conductor
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
Okay, when if this offer comes up again . . . and Amtrak wants me to spend each year 5000 points to get Select membership, does that mean I will only need to spend $2500 to get 5000 point?
Select membership is based on Tier Qualifying Points, which are only achieved with Amtrak travel. The above offer refers to the shopping portal where "regular" points are accumulated.
Generally $2,500 in Amtrak travel net you 5,000 Tier Qualifying Points. If you have an Amtrak credit card, you can receive bonus Tier Qualifying Points with credit card spending.

FrensicPic

Conductor
My original post ... the offer shown is for the AGR Shopping Portal to earn points. Has nothing to do with other points earnings or tier status.