Timetables returning in September?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

cocojacoby

OBS Chief
If RPA has a timetable site, and it's probably very accurate and up to date, could they offer that link to Amtrak so people could at least see it? No cost to Amtrak and a little "Presented by RPA" promotion for RPA.

joelkfla

OBS Chief
If RPA has a timetable site, and it's probably very accurate and up to date, could they offer that link to Amtrak so people could at least see it? No cost to Amtrak and a little "Presented by RPA" promotion for RPA.
RPA just has the most recent timetables published by Amtrak. There's no reason for Amtrak to link to it; they already have them. But most of them are for 3 day a week service, so technically they're out of date, and Amtrak doesn't want to show out of date timetables.

me_little_me

Engineer
AU Lifetime Supporter
RPA just has the most recent timetables published by Amtrak. There's no reason for Amtrak to link to it; they already have them. But most of them are for 3 day a week service, so technically they're out of date, and Amtrak doesn't want to show out of date timetables.
Reminds me of a comparison between a clock that is broken and one that is off by a minute a day. which is better?

The broken clock is right twice a day. The one that is off a minute a day is only right once every 180 days.

Amtrak has the clock that is broken (i.e. no timetables). RPA has the clock that is off a minute a month. Amtrak's clock (i.e. no timetables) is so much better.