Route Timetable PDFs returning? (2021-2022)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtrak discontinued all LD timetables when they went back to daily service, and many corridor ones are outdated.

Go here for old timetables, dating back to 2005. It is very helpful. Since the Zephyr schedule has not changed (AFAIK, anyway), you can use the one on there. Don't trust the bus connections, or staffed stations though.

Here's how I create my own "custom" timetables.
Got to transitdocs and open the map.
Click on the train of choice on the map which will populate the column on the left of the screen -
Screenshot 2021-10-08 160518.png
Now, click on the train name/number at the top of the column and a new window will open -
Screenshot 2021-10-08 160439.png
I then copy and paste the whole thing into an Excel spreadsheet and delete the unneeded columns (Actual, Status, Links) leaving you with Miles, Code, Station, Scheduled time.
Now, you have a pretty up-to-date timetable for one direction of the route which you can save, print, further manipulate, etc.
Repeat as needed!
You can also do the same thing at dixielandsoftware -
Screenshot 2021-10-08 161350.png

Click on the train of choice on the map which will populate the column on the left of the screen -
View attachment 24809
Now, click on the train name/number at the top of the column and a new window will open -
View attachment 24810
I then copy and paste the whole thing into an Excel spreadsheet and delete the unneeded columns (Actual, Status, Links) leaving you with Miles, Code, Station, Scheduled time.
Now, you have a pretty up-to-date timetable for one direction of the route which you can save, print, further manipulate, etc.
Repeat as needed!
View attachment 24811
Gotta love transitdocs (although I know many on here who prefer dixieland)

View attachment 24809
View attachment 24810
Repeat as needed!
View attachment 24811
Or open the latest pdf timetable, and use transitdocs as above to confirm that the schedule hasn't changed.

Amtrak...what a unique business. Why make easy-to-read customer timetables, that have been in existence for basically forever, when you can make your riders go to 3 different websites and cut/paste/modify their own excel spreadsheets?? Ugh.

I hope that someday the updated PDF timetables come back. RPA? Where are you?

Amtrak IT are extraordinarily incompetent. Do two things. (1) Complain to Amtrak, preferably by written letter to the Board of Directors. (2) For now, the timetables have been put up at railpassengers.org/timetables.

Amtrak...what a unique business. Why make easy-to-read customer timetables, that have been in existence for basically forever, when you can make your riders go to 3 different websites and cut/paste/modify their own excel spreadsheets?? Ugh.

I hope that someday the updated PDF timetables come back. RPA? Where are you?
RPA has been working on this. Amtrak top management are really showing off their incompetence and asking to be fired at this point -- I have lost all sympathy for them. If they can't do the basics, they need to be fired and replaced with someone who can. Write to Flynn, the Board of Directors, DOT, Biden, your Congressmen about it -- eventually these incompetent overpaid clowns *will* be fired.

RPA has been working on this. Amtrak top management are really showing off their incompetence and asking to be fired at this point -- I have lost all sympathy for them. If they can't do the basics, they need to be fired and replaced with someone who can. Write to Flynn, the Board of Directors, DOT, Biden, your Congressmen about it -- eventually these incompetent overpaid clowns *will* be fired.
First, the Board needs to go. Then clean up from the top down.

What a bunch of clowns, upper Amtrak management; hello, Board - are you listening?? Do you give a rats ass? I mean, how bloody hard can this be, having a website that actually functions. They have a bunch of nitwits attending to this; sometimes the site works, sometimes it doesn't. And it's VERY unfriendly to use, not intuitive at all.

What a bunch of clowns, upper Amtrak management; hello, Board - are you listening?? Do you give a rats ass? I mean, how bloody hard can this be, having a website that actually functions. They have a bunch of nitwits attending to this; sometimes the site works, sometimes it doesn't. And it's VERY unfriendly to use, not intuitive at all.
Clowns look sad but make you laugh. These people look happy but make customers mad. They should be called snwolc because they got it backwards.

Amtrak IT are extraordinarily incompetent. Do two things. (1) Complain to Amtrak, preferably by written letter to the Board of Directors. (2) For now, the timetables have been put up at railpassengers.org/timetables.
One correction that should be made is under the Sunset Limited's link where it says "(running daily, times are the same)", but it's not running daily, is it?

View attachment 24809
View attachment 24810
Repeat as needed!
View attachment 24811
Been doing the same thing for a few years. Great for building your itineraries with a spot for (your) actual times and notes along the way. Here's a sample I did for a DEN(or FMG)-EMY-SEA-EMY-DEN(or FMG) trip back in August, 2016. Sadly I didn't get to do it due to health issues. But I keep dreaming and planning! The copy/paste from Transitdocs utilizing Excel is great. You can add/subtract columns & rows to fit your needs.

1634078413682.png

Attachments

• 1634078225979.png
    1634078225979.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 2
Preparing your own timetable is not so bad if you already know the origination point, termination point, and train/bus number of every route. Unfortunately, most people don't, especially for Thruway buses.

Hello, I am new to this forum but lurking for long time. I've been riding Amtrak for 20 years and I had known lot of people who worked for them and met great new friends when I was travelling. I am aware about the PDF timetables vanished because of "cost savings" but you can call BS on that. It's the upper execs who are lazy and they know they want to kill Amtrak because they say they aren't making any money at all for years.

However, few months ago I had managed to collect all current up to date PDF timetables and created easy to remember website so everyone can see it without going through the hassle trying to find the PDF schedules.

The website: Amtrak Time Tables

I hope this will help people out there who need find PDF schedules in a simple way.

Enjoy.

Hello, I am new to this forum but lurking for long time. I've been riding Amtrak for 20 years and I had known lot of people who worked for them and met great new friends when I was travelling. I am aware about the PDF timetables vanished because of "cost savings" but you can call BS on that. It's the upper execs who are lazy and they know they want to kill Amtrak because they say they aren't making any money at all for years.

However, few months ago I had managed to collect all current up to date PDF timetables and created easy to remember website so everyone can see it without going through the hassle trying to find the PDF schedules.

The website: Amtrak Time Tables

I hope this will help people out there who need find PDF schedules in a simple way.

Enjoy.

This is a great resource. It is bookmarked. Thanks for your efforts!

Back