Toronto Union Station....now 'essentially' complete!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS VIA Fan

Conductor
Years late and a couple hundred million over budget.....the City of Toronto says the revitalization of Union Station is now essentially complete.

This is the last phase that just opened...the GO Bay Concourse. The GO York Concourse and VIA Concourse have been open for several years. But looking at this video.....still lots of hording up where food courts and concession will be located (probably post pandemic) Plus it looks like there's still printing and trim to be completed.

Map here: Union Station Revitalization | GO Transit

Now another phase is about to begin: New widened platforms and a South Concourse they're saying will take another 8 > 10 years to complete!

Last edited:
Years late and a couple hundred million over budget.....the City of Toronto says the revitalization of Union Station is now essentially complete.

This is the last phase that just opened...the GO Bay Concourse. The GO York Concourse and VIA Concourse have been open for several years. But looking at this video.....still lots of hording up where food courts and concession will be located (probably post pandemic) Plus it looks like there's still printing and trim to be completed.

Map here: Union Station Revitalization | GO Transit

Now another phase is about to begin: New widened platforms and a South Concourse they're saying will take another 8 > 10 years to complete!

My Canadian BILs Toronto based Company was part of this project, and he's been retired for several years.😉

Look for the NYP renovations to last a Looooongbtime and for the Cost Overuns to mount like crazy! Thats how it's done!🤑

Last time I was @ Union Station it was a Mess, I look forward to seeing the Comleted Station once COVID is under Control and the Border is open for Tourists to ride Trains!

Back