Tours trips through Canada

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbug119

Train Attendant
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but does anyone know of a good company that runs train trips/tours through Canada? I would like a little more than just the train, altho the train is a big part of it for me. Looking for next summer sometime. Thanks.

There are several. A good starting point, depending on your budget, would be VIA Rail themselves: VIA Rail Canada: Enjoy great discounts on our best fares, today only!. There are also a number of other packagers that feature VIA trips. Google "VIA Rail vacations" to find a whole list. If you have the money and want luxury, consider Rocky Mountaineer - also sold directly and through other travel sites. As with packages offered by airlines, few of these will be less expensive that something you can put together yourself, but I understand the attraction and convenience.

There are several. A good starting point, depending on your budget, would be VIA Rail themselves: VIA Rail Canada: Enjoy great discounts on our best fares, today only!. There are also a number of other packagers that feature VIA trips. Google "VIA Rail vacations" to find a whole list. If you have the money and want luxury, consider Rocky Mountaineer - also sold directly and through other travel sites. As with packages offered by airlines, few of these will be less expensive that something you can put together yourself, but I understand the attraction and convenience.
Thanks for your reply. I usually put together my own trips, so Ill check out the arranged ones and see what I can do myself once Ive decided where I'd really like to go.

I got a brochure in the mail a month or so ago for a trip I’d like to take. Site called uncommonjourneys.com. Give it a look, but be prepared for sticker shock.
Thanks, I'll check it out. I've already checks some tour type trips and have been through the sticker shock!!

Back