Tracks blocked between Quantico and Alexandria

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually CSX is responsible. If the RR CSX does not clear its ROW of trees that can fall on tracks then they are not doing due diligence to remove potential hazards. Note CSX is not the only RR. Amtrak has not cleared its ROW in places.

It depends where the trees are located. A great deal of them fall outside the boundaries of the railroad property. You can't hack down tress that aren't on your property and that leads to a lot of the problems.

An update.

I was developing a nice head cold during this trip, and spent Friday and Saturday sleeping it off.

We finally got into Washinton about 1030 pm and left at 1108. For some reason, they let 66 pass us before we got to Washington. It was sitting in the station on the next track over, with the motor connected and left right before we dis, which I think is odd, because 66 stops at New Carrolton and BWI and 80 doesn't. It would make more sense to sen us out first, as we would quickly ne out of the way of 66.

In any event, it took us an hour to get to Baltimore instead of the scheduled 30 minutes. We stpped a couple of times. Anyway, we finaaly got in at about 1208 or 6 and a quarter hours late. I think that beats my hhp8 delay on 67 but not the 10 hour delay on the Capitol. Oh, and i forgot the 6 hour delay I once had on the Northest Regional when somebody ripped up the catenary in New Jersey.

A more complete account of my North Carolina joyride will appear in the Travelogues section. An interesting trip even if it ended on a sour note.

Actually, the Auto train was already out and about when this started....which is why the OP mentioned it was north of the blockage.

Call the 1-800 number and ask for customer relations.
Is there an email or postal mail address? I would prefer not to have to sit on the phone for "in excess of 10 minutes" (could be more like 20 or 30) waiting for an agent to answer.

Back