Tracks of the New York City Subway

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRR 60

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
For a subway enthusiast who loves to dive into minute details of the physical plant and the operational details, this book is a must. It shows every track, every platform, every year, basically everything about the New York City subway system. The book is spiral bound, so every map lies flat. Self published and usually selling a couple of hundred copies a year to hardcore enthusiasts, New York Post columnist Steve Cuozzo featured the author and book in a Page 1 piece on Tuesday and, in the author's words, his orderbook "blew up." My order for the 2021 edition to replace the 2006 version is in.

from the article:
The 2021 edition of his challenging but awe-inspiring book, “Tracks of the New York City Subway,” maps its 691 track miles, 472 stations (the most of any system in the world) and 2,000 track switches in microscopic detail. If you thought signals were as simple as red, yellow and green, wait until you see Page 113.

New York Post

Tracks of the New York City Subway

It sounds like a nice book. As someone from Florida who rode the MTA subway while in NYC I really enjoyed the experience and would probably enjoy such a book - however, being semi-retired and on a less than optimum income ... not sure I can justify the $65 price tag.

Back