Train 22 changed to 1022

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigval109

OBS Chief
I received a call from Amtrak about the cancelled train 21 for May 5. The new train leaves at 4:30pm out of Chicago. And arrives in SAS at 1:00 am on the 7 th. Does anyone know why the change

Was made?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing that planned track work or some such is causing the schedule of the train to be shifted. When that happens with an overnight train, there's the possibility that there would be two southbound Texas Eagles scheduled for a particular station, on the same day. Arrow, Amtrak's reservation system, cannot have more than one train of a particular train number, at a particular station in one day. So they change the number to eliminate the number conflict.

jb

I'm guessing that planned track work or some such is causing the schedule of the train to be shifted. When that happens with an overnight train, there's the possibility that there would be two southbound Texas Eagles scheduled for a particular station, on the same day. Arrow, Amtrak's reservation system, cannot have more than one train of a particular train number, at a particular station in one day. So they change the number to eliminate the number conflict.

jb
Exactly, JB. There is a 3 day track project near SPI and the rescheduled train would indeed cause a conflict.

Wonder why they just didn't do the usual institutions between CHI and STL for the Lincoln Trains and reroute the Eagles thru Amish Country which is the usual MO in situations like this??

I got another call from Amtrak about another change to the TE for May 5th. The TE still leaves at 4:30pm out of Chicago but this time it arrives in SAS at 9:55pm. on Friday night instead of 1:00am on Saturday morning. How is that possible?

There is lots of padding in #21 and #22's Schedules between DAL and FTW and between AUS and SAS.

The STL stop can also be shortened as can the LRK, Hope,TXA MHL, LVW, DAL,CBR,TPL,TAY,AUS and SMC stops.

Of course the UP Dispatchers have been known to give Freights priority over Amtrak Trains on this Route so YMMV!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be interesting. 21(5) is leaving Chicago at the later time, 4.30 p.m. 21(6) is leaving at the normal time. Theoretically, that should cause Arrow problems with two trains on the same day with the same number. Perhaps they'll figure it out tomorrow.

jb

Update my train 21 from Chicago arrived in SAS after 1:30 am the following day. May the 7th. It was just to good to be true that it would still arrive at 9:55 there original estimate of 1:05 was closer to the actual arrival time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back