Train #66 Transferring to Sleeper from Coach

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Iron

Conductor
I have tickets for a trip to Boston from Richmond. I have a separate coach ticket to Washington and a sleeper ticket to Boston. Does anyone know what the process is for making the transfer from coach to sleeper? Would I have to leave the train and enter the station? Can I just hang around the platform until the sleeper boarding time? Is there any chance at all that I would be able to occupy the sleeper out of Richmond? Thank you for your thoughts and advice.

Talk to the attendant when boarding at Richmond. They will help you out. Should be able to walk through the train without leaving it at DC.

I have tickets for a trip to Boston from Richmond. I have a separate coach ticket to Washington and a sleeper ticket to Boston. Does anyone know what the process is for making the transfer from coach to sleeper? Would I have to leave the train and enter the station? Can I just hang around the platform until the sleeper boarding time? Is there any chance at all that I would be able to occupy the sleeper out of Richmond? Thank you for your thoughts and advice.
The Sleeper ( VLI) on #66 is not Staffed or Open for Passengers South of Washington, so you will NOT be able to occupy it till you get to Washington.

Talk with the Conductor when you board in Richmond to see if you'll be able to put your stuff into your Room before arriving into Washington, and if so, then move to the Sleeper without having to Detrain up arrival into Union Station.

You'll probably want to stretch your legs and get some air during the dwell in Washington.

Talk to the attendant when boarding at Richmond. They will help you out. Should be able to walk through the train without leaving it at DC.
It is my understanding that there is no attendant at Richmond, the attendant boards in Washington DC.

Back