Train 92 delay 6/26

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KWBud

Train Attendant
Right now, 6:40 PM, Train 92 is crawling along at a walking pace in Plant City, just out of Tampa. The conductor came on and said it was "due to the weather you see outside the train right now."

To me it looks cloudy with a slight drizzle. It hasn't rained all that much for Florida. Anyone know what's up?

--

Bud

I am watching tv in Orlando and we are getting alerts for tornado warnings in Marion County, which is not on your route. Hillsborough (Tampa) and Polk (Lakeland) counties are not in the Orlando tv area. According to weather.com, there is a 90% chance of thunderstorms in Lakeland for 7pm.

(It looks like I might have to wait a while for my "wave" to you). :)

Looking at radar the is some nasty weather around Tampa & Orlando. Perhaps potential of downed trees ahead of you.

I'm in Palm Harbor. A pretty big storm just passed thru with wind & a lot of lighting. It's moving quickly to the north, but that's probably behind you!

I live in NW Marion County, and happened to be driving by the Ocala Airport less than an hour ago. There were some "minibursts" of wind, and some branches down in the road. When I got home 15 minutes later, found out that we had lost power briefly, and I'll have lots of limbs and branches to pick up tomorrow.

It is not raining in Orlando right now.

Bud, are you traveling at a decent speed now? Enjoy the rest of your trip. (BTW, I waved).

If I had to take a guess I'd say Flash Flood Warning is probably what that was code for. Power outages from the weather in the area are also possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back