Train 934 Emeryville to Chicago?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NativeSon5859

Conductor
On 03Feb there is train 934 that goes from EMY to CHI at 1100. Only coach available. Anyone know what this is? This is in addition to the regular Zephyr.

Stranger still, I did a search on Amsnag and it shows available on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. With no checked bags, and no food service, although the above photos showed a diner and two sleepers in the consist. Sounds like a lovely trip, you'd think they would offer something...

Just looking at the Amtrak status map on TransitDocs, and it's showing 934 crossing over into Colorado about now, 3.5 hours late from schedule, behind #6. It'd be real interesting if anyone can get any pictures, or any reports about how many real passengers are on this train? Both it and #6 are labeled as the California Zephyr.

Also for fun, I looked at Amtrak's site to see if you could book a seat on this train from Denver to Chicago today or tomorrow, but it looks like that got shut down.

Just looking at the Amtrak status map on TransitDocs, and it's showing 934 crossing over into Colorado about now, 3.5 hours late from schedule, behind #6. It'd be real interesting if anyone can get any pictures, or any reports about how many real passengers are on this train? Both it and #6 are labeled as the California Zephyr.
It's a non-revenue train; there are no passengers.

It has now been relabeled as Test Train rather than California Zephyr and shows around Grand Junction. On Tuesday last week it was showing ability to book but they must have fixed that.

MODERATOR NOTE: at least two new threads that were started regarding this "existing" topic were merged into this topic.
Thanks for checking to see if there is an existing thread on topic before starting a new one.

Very strange consist and layout? Two Chargers, a P-42, Horizon Cafe, three Viewliner Baggage, SL Dorm, SL Sleeper, SL Lounge and a SL Sleeper bringing up the rear. Funny Amtrak would assign a number to it and then actually track on Track-A-Train. Would think they would run it in the background. Since it sounds like it is non-revenue maybe just a collection of BO cars heading east? Planned on trying to get a glimpse as they rolled outta DEN around 21:00 but didn't pass my bedroom window until 04:57 this morning and I was dead to the world.

MODERATOR NOTE: at least two new threads that were started regarding this "existing" topic were merged into this topic.
Thanks for checking to see if there is an existing thread on topic before starting a new one.

Yep, I missed this thread.
Doh!!!
Thanks
JATX

Very strange consist and layout? Two Chargers, a P-42, Horizon Cafe, three Viewliner Baggage, SL Dorm, SL Sleeper, SL Lounge and a SL Sleeper bringing up the rear. Funny Amtrak would assign a number to it and then actually track on Track-A-Train. Would think they would run it in the background. Since it sounds like it is non-revenue maybe just a collection of BO cars heading east? Planned on trying to get a glimpse as they rolled outta DEN around 21:00 but didn't pass my bedroom window until 04:57 this morning and I was dead to the world.

Just about all test trains and extra trains that operate over a host railroad have a train number and they typically have a schedule. They typically don't appear in on the maps or the reservation site.

Back