Trains on Today

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Tomorrow for the Thanksgiving rush Today will be airing special information about easing Thanksgiving Travel woes. Matt Lauer will be at GCT, and Amtrak made several appearances in the Promo for the show. My Tivo's set!

Tomorrow for the Thanksgiving rush Today will be airing special information about easing Thanksgiving Travel woes. Matt Lauer will be at GCT, and Amtrak made several appearances in the Promo for the show. My Tivo's set!

I am glad they are doing that, (that is, assuming it will be relatively positive). For the media to even mention railroads is an accomplishment.

I have noticed through the years at holiday times they always refer to the planes and cars. Sometimes they also refer to the buses. Sometimes they also refer to the trains.

Rarely do they mention all four--plane, car, train, bus.

There are still so many people out there, especially away from the northeast, who have no idea passenger trains still exist. So a few hopefully positive mentions at the holidays can be a good thing. Maybe somebody watching NBC will get curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually at least here in the NY market where many in the population actually do think about trains at least once in a while, it is not at all uncommon to see reports on the nightly news from Penn Station showing the large crowds of people there waiting for either the LIRR, NJT, or Amtrak.

And they usually do make mention of the fact that all three services put on extra trains to deal with the large amount of people traveling.

But it is good to see that for once the National market will be seeing a similar type of report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back