Travel Channel - weekly Amtrak exposure

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisInGeorgia

Train Attendant
During the opening of "Mysteries at the Museum" each week on the Travel Channel, there is a brief, 1-second clip of an Amtrak Superliner train which appears to be somewhere in the west with mountains in the background and patches of snow on each side of the track. It's a great-looking shot and I've often wondered which train it is, and approximately where the shot was made. Can anyone shed any light on this. I want to be able to tell people that I've been on that train - if I have.

is the scene long enough to count the number of cars and their positions? that might provide some clues.

If it's just a vanity thing then what difference does it make if you were actually on that specific route?

Last edited by a moderator:
Truth in the service of vanity.

Actual honesty would be "I apparently rode that route even though I have no memory of that specific location, and may have been sleeping through it for all I know, but I just wanted everyone to be aware that I was there at some point in my life based on some feedback I got from a fan forum."

YMMV indeed.

We do get interested and curious about what's outside our window. That's why we take Amtrak- well, that and no TSA patdown.

Actual honesty would be "I apparently rode that route even though I have no memory of that specific location, and may have been sleeping through it for all I know, but I just wanted everyone to be aware that I was there at some point in my life based on some feedback I got from a fan forum."

YMMV indeed.
You must be a blast at parties.

YMMV indeed.
You must be a blast at parties.
I hear Paris Hilton is a blast at parties. Maybe you should ask her what she thinks about vanity. :lol:

I went back to an episode and did a frame-by-frame search with the DVR, and behind the baggage car, there are 10 Superliner cars plus some kind of freight car on the very end. The scene has awesome mountains in the background and the track runs alongside a road which looks to be some kind of levee (or raised roadbed) and there's a canal separating the two. I hope that helps identify the train.

I did the frame by frame, and I almost want to say it's the Empire Builder. I will have to catch it again to see if I can make out the lay out to be sure it's the Empire Builder.

Us too, Swadian. But given TSA's record with joint-replacement folks, we likely get more "special treatment" than most - and then we don't even get kissed. :( . But with Amtrak police keeping TSA muzzled in their stations, it makes us enjoy the Amtrak experience even more. Incidentally - I've been hammering away at Google Earth between Havre and Brownimg MT, and I think that video was shot between those two points, given how the mountains look in the distance. In that case we HAVE been at that spot - if I could just recognize it from onboard the eastbound EB - I think.

Dennis in Duluth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back