Tri Rail, But Not Me.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VentureForth

Engineer
As I settle into my new life as a Floridian, I had an opportunity to take my kid and a friend of his to the Everglades for some swamp rompin' in an airboat.

Afterwards, I discovered his friend really wanted to ride a train. So I took them to Hialeah and "raced" them to West Palm.

Even with a ton of horrible Friday traffic on the 95, I beat them by 30 minutes.

One thing I was REALLY happy to see was a little dinette on Track 2! This was a permanent little stall with good HOT food and great prices.
20210611_160944.jpg20210611_155919.jpg
20210611_161613.jpg
Then after their arrival we went to the front of the station to see its formerly glorious fascade. Oh, lots of the platform is in dire disrepair with rusted canopies, etc. Sad, but happy to have seen what people saw nearly 100 years ago along the Seaboard.
20210611_161032.jpg

As I settle into my new life as a Floridian, I had an opportunity to take my kid and a friend of his to the Everglades for some swamp rompin' in an airboat.

Afterwards, I discovered his friend really wanted to ride a train. So I took them to Hialeah and "raced" them to West Palm.

Even with a ton of horrible Friday traffic on the 95, I beat them by 30 minutes.

One thing I was REALLY happy to see was a little dinette on Track 2! This was a permanent little stall with good HOT food and great prices.
View attachment 22873View attachment 22872
View attachment 22875
Then after their arrival we went to the front of the station to see its formerly glorious fascade. Oh, lots of the platform is in dire disrepair with rusted canopies, etc. Sad, but happy to have seen what people saw nearly 100 years ago along the Seaboard.
View attachment 22874
That restaurant has been around since the late nineties. I remember riding Tri-Rail with my dad when I was a teenager and that little restaurant, or some version of it, was there. Good to know it’s still around.

Seemed to be a full schedule when we checked it out last Friday. I don't know about the bus shuttles, but Tri-Rail pulls right into Miami airport... Are you referring to the other airports along its route?

Last edited:
What's the current status of the Tri-Rail and its bus shuttles? There seems to be conflicting info online. Reduced schedule, no airport shuttles?

Only the Fort Lauderdale Airport shuttle is running. The other commuter shuttles have been replaced by $15 Uber vouchers.

Tri-Rail is running a mostly full schedule, but there are still a few trains annulled. Their website has the latest schedule.

Palm Tran and Miami Dade Transit are back to full service. Broward County Transit is running an enhanced Saturday schedule during the week for most routes.

Back