Trip Report KIS to WAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelkfla

Engineer
On 98 now on the way to Washington. Plans include the recently reopened Air and Space Museum, the Washington Monument, Ford's Theater, the Udzar-Hazy Center, and maybe Mount Vernon if I can fit it in. Lots of time will be spent on transit because Washington Metro has reduced service to every 24 minutes on most lines this weekend, and truncated several lines thus requiring extra transfers.

98 was only 10 minutes late out of Kissimmee, but then we spent about 20 minutes waiting south of Orlando for both a SunRail and a southbound Silver to pass. I guess that knocked us out of our slot, and by the time we got to DeLand we were 50 minutes behind schedule. Cruising at 78 mph now on the way to Palatka.

On 98 now on the way to Washington. Plans include the recently reopened Air and Space Museum, the Washington Monument, Ford's Theater, the Udzar-Hazy Center, and maybe Mount Vernon if I can fit it in. Lots of time will be spent on transit because Washington Metro has reduced service to every 24 minutes on most lines this weekend, and truncated several lines thus requiring extra transfers.

98 was only 10 minutes late out of Kissimmee, but then we spent about 20 minutes waiting south of Orlando for both a SunRail and a southbound Silver to pass. I guess that knocked us out of our slot, and by the time we got to DeLand we were 50 minutes behind schedule. Cruising at 78 mph now on the way to Palatka.
Oh no! Stuck in JAX with PTC problem. About an hour and counting.

The opening of the Silver Line makes a trip to Udvar Hazy more practical for the trips where I don't bring my car. Is that how you got out there?
Also, best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. The city has a van parked about a block from me for testing, and an immediate consult and supply of Paxlovid if you pop positive. So far so good.

Back