Trumps Amtrak..

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell if this is a pro train article, an anti Trump article or just a parody. Although I think that maybe the vague comedy here might just work to bring attention to the issue. Not that I think there is much we can do to change things. The bill contains just enough plausible deniability to let everyone involved blame someone else for the cuts. Plus we have been trained by the airlines to pay up charges for simple things like luggage and meals that were once included.

Who the hell wrote that article. So now it's all Trump's fault? Give me a break.

David Cay Johnston

"Johnston won the 2001 Pulitzer Prize in beat reporting for his work at the New York Times exposing inequities in the U.S. tax code. Johnston has written seven books, including two about Donald Trump—most recently It’s Even Worse Than You Think: What the Trump Administration is Doing to America. Johnston and David Crook, a former Wall Street Journal editor, co-founded DCReport, a non-profit news organization, in 2017."

For further information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cay_Johnston

Who the hell wrote that article. So now it's all Trump's fault? Give me a break.

I tend to agree with you. Even though Trump isn't someone I'd necessarily want to be best buddies with, I don't feel that all of Amtrak's problems can (or should) be laid at his feet.

Or Anderson's, for that matter.................

I saw an episode of "Modern Marvels" today about locomotives ... they had a comment I found interesting:
They presented information about high speed rail and thought it would be possible for it to be reality in the US in about 10 years - the program was from 2008

No, it's not ALL Trump's fault; there were anti-pax train politicians before him.

But he has tried to expedite the demise of pax trains, especially LD. He has appointed people to Amtrak's board with little to no knowledge of trains. Just political hacks to do his bidding. But look at his other cabinet and court appointments and choosing the least qualified is obviously Trump's way of Making America Great Again.

Back