Trying to Keep Select Status

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
So, I’m only 500 TQP away from renewing my select status for 2023. I am taking a Keystone trip from Elizabethtown to Philadelphia in December on cash when I take my great sleeper trip to Florida on the Star with points. However, I just booked an impromptu trip from NYP to ELT for Monday because of Double Days. I booked this trip with a travel voucher from Amtrak. Will these two trips be enough to get me to keep Select?

To get 500 TQP, you will need to pay for tickets worth $250 if traveling coach or sleepers, or $200 if traveling business class (that's the 25% point bonus for business class travel), or $170 if traveling on Acela First Class with the 50% point bonus. I believe that for the purposes of earning points, using a voucher is the same as using cash, though it's been a while since I've has any vouchers to use.

To get 500 TQP, you will need to pay for tickets worth $250 if traveling coach or sleepers, or $200 if traveling business class (that's the 25% point bonus for business class travel), or $170 if traveling on Acela First Class with the 50% point bonus. I believe that for the purposes of earning points, using a voucher is the same as using cash, though it's been a while since I've has any vouchers to use.
The payment method doesn’t matter.
As long as it is payed with ‘cash’

The only trips you can’t gain points on are trips paid with points.

Back