Turkey in the sleeper

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which presumably is more comfortable than a turkey in the straw. 🤣

Seriously, when the eastbound California Zephyr stopped at Galesburg just before noon today, a person got off one of the sleepers with a live turkey (or possibly a large goose) in a red sweater or jacket. Owner and bird then ambled away down the platform.

Go to the Galesburg live railcam on YouTube and rewind to 11:57:45.

I’m going to throw my vote in for not a turkey. You kinda see them in the little cart being driven away right before the train highballs (unfortunately whoever was controlling the camera was more interested in the locomotive’s wheels than the people on the platform so we don’t actually see them boarding the cart).

Also, for those wondering how to view said video, it’s on this link for a little while longer (I’m guessing until 11:57 pm CST tonight, unless there’s a way to archive it) -

What??? And no talk of pardon for that poor bird by anyone on this forum??? My instinct is that Amtrak allowed that bird passage so it could escape it's captors!

How would you feel if you were a turkey?

thanksgiving2017-640x640.jpg

Back