TV in Superliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a bit Photoshop to me?

Better to try and mount stuff on the windows to fully block out the outside view, we all go by train to watch tv, don't we ?

Ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 devices covering a large part of the window, one of the devices a camera pointing out...

Is it just me or does that sound like mutually contradictory efforts? ;-)

Plus a huge honking flat screen and a fan to boot! LOL!

It is funny how everyone has a different idea of what works for them. I love traveling by rail, and I could see mounting a camera out of the way on one of the windows, but the rest of the stuff would seem like it was just getting in the way, to me.

But I can't imagine not having a book or a kindle when I travel and most people would scoff at that, so knock yourself out, MP! To each their own.

The train crew of yesterdays #5 can assure you its not photoshop, they all took pictures. Its not really to watch tv, its more to go back at night and watch all the pictures and video footage from the day. With the curtains fully opened I lose about 10% of the view.

Seems like a lot of crud to carry around for relatively little return, at least in my thinking. Then again I am used to traveling very very light. I seldom need to even put a suitcase downstairs in the luggage racks on Superliners. And besides, while traveling on train I don;t even put on a headphone so as not to miss the sounds of the journey, so a TV and what not would be totally inappropriate for me. I am on the train to be connected with the environment, not to create my own cocoon that detracts from it..But as they say, each to his own. :)

I travel by train so I can enjoy viewing this beautiful country we live in. Even at night, I enjoy the lights off, viewing the stars and the lights of the small towns passed by. .

To each his own, for the most part.

My one concern as a fellow sleeping car passenger would be sound from the TV. It's not clear from the photo if OP is listening via headphones or not.

I really don't care what people do in the room they paid for, as long as they use headphones, don't smoke, etc. It's their vacation, not mine.

I just can't imagine hauling a TV onto the train. I don't even like moving it to dust. ;)

Hey, different strokes for different folks.

And I guess I kind of get the playback of today's highlights idea.

What I'd like to know:

1) what was the mounting for the 32"

2) what's the orange strap around the bunk? Ratchet strap?

3) I count a total of 8 screens (3 tablets, 1 laptop, 1 32" monitor, 2 phones, and looks like the photo was shot on a third phone) - what's the rundown of what is used for what? I do some custom mobile development work, so I'll often have 4-8 devices with me - though rarely more than 2 out at a time

4) legit G-tape - well played.

Cheers!

I really don't care what people do in the room they paid for, as long as they use headphones, don't smoke, etc.
&
I'm with Sarah. I don't care what other people do on their own room nor who they do it to. ;)
&
Hey, different strokes for different folks.
I agree that it's your own business what you decide to do or not do in the privacy of your own room, at least insofar as it does not materially impact how other people are able to use their own rooms. That being said, when you choose to publish your own private decisions in a public forum it ceases to be your private business and becomes part of the public record. The OP basically said "Hey look at all the effort I put into finding way to cram as much technological gadgetry into my room as possible." At that point it's fair game for whatever membership happens to think about it.

Rain-Man-2.jpg

Hey, guys and gals. Meat Puppet is proud of what he has accomplished there and that is why he posted. You all know that what ever you say won't make any difference. I wouldn't do it and evidently you wouldn't do it either.. However, I would like to know the technical aspects of his set up. Meat Puppet , please send a PM to me explaining how you run and connect all the electronic devices . Thank you.

well, silly as this whole thing is, since tv screens are measured diagonally, a 32" class tv is actually about 29" wide. they ship in a 32" box, not sure what is available as a case. but a 28 is only about 24.5 wide, even in a box it would make it. mot sure who still makes a 30.

I kind of wish they still made 4:3 ratio screens with modern LCD/LED technology for purposes of retro gaming and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back