Twitter trend leads to spat between BART, Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BART is offering half fares during September to celebrate its anniversary. Wouldn't it be better if they just charged the fares they charged in 1972? I wish Amtrak had celebrated its 50th Anniversary by charging 1971 fares. :)

The article didn't say that Amtrak actually started the "tweet a noun related to your business" trend on September 1st with the "trains" tweet (it went out at precisely 3:00 P.M. Eastern).

It's obvious to me (someone who sees a lot of Twitter) that the Amtrak and BART accounts were both being tongue-in-cheek with their "spat."

Following up: Amtrak and BART have now "made up," just in time for BART's 50th-anniversary celebration.

4eVGFfK.png

BART is offering half fares during September to celebrate its anniversary. Wouldn't it be better if they just charged the fares they charged in 1972? I wish Amtrak had celebrated its 50th Anniversary by charging 1971 fares. :)

They very nearly did.
Last year's rail passes were $299, and I don't remember ever seeing those lower than $250 (though I was probably too young to pay close attention to the price before the early 80s.)

Back