Two hour delay for a ten minute fix

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
According to my Amtrak sources P098-04 set off a defect detector (presumably at Yamato, SX992), got a report of a defect (unknown to me) on the rear coach, 25072. The car was set out at Yamato (presumed), delaying the train nearly two hours after much wrangling with management, the train was also staffed by two newer, but capable boys in JAX. Miami maintence arrived on scene later on today and was able to fix the car in ten minutes. To make up for the capacity lost from the 25072, Amfleet II 25043 was set out by 97-03 at JAX to be added to 98-04 when it arrived. 91-03 picked up the 25072 this afternoon, and the car will likely be the 43 car for tomorrow's 98.

Wow, glad that didn't happen to me. Did the A end Face Forward on 25043 once it was set out in JAX, and put on #98?

Presumably the B-end (vestibule side) will be going forward when the car is picked up in JAX, it just depends on whether the car gets turned at JAX, and which the car is facing when it arrived in JAX, as several are running around right now B-end forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back