Two passengers on reservation, one has to cancel trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I tried to search the forums for an answer, because I swear this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find any entries. So, I apologize for asking again if indeed a topic already exists.

I have a reservation for two of us for a trip next month, and I found out today that my traveling companion has to cancel; we are both on the same reservation. Am I going to have to cancel and re-book the trip for just myself, or can I modify my existing reservation? I usually travel alone, and after all the hassles that the two of us have had trying to organize this, I now remember why! I booked the trip online, and have not yet printed tickets, so I assume that I can just modify with no issues?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, if you have not yet printed tickets yet, you can modify your existing reservation. All you need to do is remove that person from your reservation and they'll issue a credit. I had to do the same recently when I moved up our trip, however their site wasn't working properly so I had to call 1-800-USA-RAIL and got an agent to handle the transaction for me.

Am I going to have to cancel and re-book the trip for just myself, or can I modify my existing reservation?
I think you're going to have to do this, though the prices may have gotten higher sinece you booked. You get a voucher, not a full refund.
I don't think that's right--I had to do this myself a few months ago, and the difference from the original reservation was refunded back on my credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back