Typical Sleeper Alignment on Starlight?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explore

Train Attendant
Last time I checked, there was really no way of knowing which side of the train a given roomette would be on. Has anything changed? Aboard Southwest Chief #4 recently, the attendant swore that even-numbered roomettes were always on the south side. How about #14?

I was just on 14(11/17).

On the trip I was on, the sleepers were oriented in opposite directions. The 30 car, the roomettes were on the aft end next to the diner, and the even roomettes were on the left (ocean side), as were the bedrooms. The 31 car ran with the roomettes forward with the even numbered roomettes and bedrooms were on the right (inland) side.

Same consist, cars oriented differently. There is NO way to predict and no consistency. This is typical of my experiences on the Starlight and on the Superliner trains generally.

Last time I checked, there was really no way of knowing which side of the train a given roomette would be on. Has anything changed? Aboard Southwest Chief #4 recently, the attendant swore that even-numbered roomettes were always on the south side. How about #14?
Could be, but the orientation can change at any time so, there’s no reliable way to predict

Back