Uh hey! Im new here

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I created an account here a while ago and completely forgot about it until recently. So I guess I better make a late introductory post then huh? My name is Ken. Im an artist who also likes trains. I keep my hobby alive through train simulator games, particularly trainz railroad simulator and train sim world 2; the latter for its easy and addictive surveyor mode and the former for its immersive gameplay. While I wouldnt call Amtrak one of my favorite railroads, I really do like the liveries from their different phases, and the late 90s to early 2000s era is my favorite era of Amtrak due to the variety of consists! I dont really know a lot of people who like trains as much as I do so this might be a good place to meet some friends! ^^

I created an account here a while ago and completely forgot about it until recently. So I guess I better make a late introductory post then huh? My name is Ken. Im an artist who also likes trains. I keep my hobby alive through train simulator games, particularly trainz railroad simulator and train sim world 2; the latter for its easy and addictive surveyor mode and the former for its immersive gameplay. While I wouldnt call Amtrak one of my favorite railroads, I really do like the liveries from their different phases, and the late 90s to early 2000s era is my favorite era of Amtrak due to the variety of consists! I dont really know a lot of people who like trains as much as I do so this might be a good place to meet some friends! ^^
Welcome to AU

Welcome! I also do train simulator, although since I got started years ago with the original Microsoft TS I migrated to Open Rails which runs the old routes plus some new improved ones and is free. One of my favorites is the surfliner route from San Diego to LA with the great scenery along the coast. Plus PRR East which models NY to Washington in the 1950s and 60s but I run it with Amtrak equipment from the 2000s.

Back