Unavailable Trains (Keystone/NE Regional)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, all. For months I’ve been taking the Keystone Regional 600 from Elizabethtown, transferring to the NE Regional 172 in PHL to NYC. Beginning this week, these trains still run, but it’s impossible to book the 2 trips as one journey using either cash or a multi-ride ticket. I could buy 2 separate tickets at a premium price. AMTRAK tells me that periodically they change up the scheduling of the trains and sometimes those trains that are running are unavailable to book as a combined ticket, which makes the multiride ticket moot, since a multiride is only good for one ticket with specific departure/arrival stations. So, instead of being able to start my journey to NYC at 6:57 AM, I now have to board the 5:17 AM. Not a big deal EXCEPT that the same situation exists for the return…trains are available, but cannot be booked as a combined ticket, resulting in a lot of wasted time. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any resolution? The agent I spoke with was adamant that nothing could be done except purchase 2 separate tickets (Elizabethtown > PHL and then PHL to NYC) with cash and forego the multi-ride ticket. Thanks for any assistance.

I have not experienced that situation. I would try to phone again and ask another agent. If you are an AGR member, you may want to try the AGR number since many of those agents are more experienced (but not always). Unfortunately, these days, even with "special" phone numbers, there is a long wait to speak to an agent.

I have not experienced that situation. I would try to phone again and ask another agent. If you are an AGR member, you may want to try the AGR number since many of those agents are more experienced (but not always). Unfortunately, these days, even with "special" phone numbers, there is a long wait to speak to an agent.
Can you please give me that number? I’m now a “Select Plus” but have no idea what any other numbers are except for the main one.

Can you please give me that number? I’m now a “Select Plus” but have no idea what any other numbers are except for the main one.
I do not have the Select Plus phone number, but I sent you a PM.

Back