Union Station Car Rental

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Train Attendant
We have a two-hour window between the arrival of EB into CHI (355pm) and the closing of the Hertz desk (6pm). What are our options?

1. EB arrives before 6pm, no problem

2. EB is late, alternate plans are needed

a) Rent from someone else open later (who?)

b) Stay overnight in Chicago, pick up the car in the morning

c) Other?

Jeremy

We have a two-hour window between the arrival of EB into CHI (355pm) and the closing of the Hertz desk (6pm). What are our options?
1. EB arrives before 6pm, no problem

2. EB is late, alternate plans are needed

a) Rent from someone else open later (who?)

b) Stay overnight in Chicago, pick up the car in the morning

c) Other?

Jeremy
Have you talked to Hertz?

I had a rental scheduled with a city location Hertz has in Vancouver, BC. I needed the car at 6:00 Am and they didn't open until 8:00 AM.

I called the local office and they made arrangements to have the car ready for me and the keys at the front desk of the hotel where the car rental place was.

Call Hertz and explain your situation - see if they have plans - this must happen it CUS from time to time.

Good suggestion. I'll call Hertz.

BTW, the Best Western Inn of Chicago (if I'm finding the right one on line) has a minimum 30-night stay (!!!) in September 2010.

Hertz may have other rental locations open later in the loop area- or maybe you could take the el out to O'Hare or Midway and get your car from a Hertz counter there.

Hertz may have other rental locations open later in the loop area- or maybe you could take the el out to O'Hare or Midway and get your car from a Hertz counter there.
I've been on the Builder and in danger of missing the Hertz closure at CUS. I called them (had a cell phone and their direct number, not the 800 line). They would have transferred the reservation to another downtown office (State St., I think) that was open until 8, and I would have had to cab over there. As it was, I got in with 10 minutes to spare.

I've been on the Builder and in danger of missing the Hertz closure at CUS. I called them (had a cell phone and their direct number, not the 800 line). They would have transferred the reservation to another downtown office (State St., I think) that was open until 8, and I would have had to cab over there. As it was, I got in with 10 minutes to spare.
Is 312-928-0538 still a good number for Hertz at CUS?

Just spoke to "Joe" at the Hertz desk in CUS. The number 312-928-0538 does indeed ring into Union Station. Joe said that, depending on the day of the week, they are open until 7pm. He says EB usually arrives by 5pm so not to worry. [We shall see come September]

Jeremy

If you are transit savvy, you can take CTA to midway airport, and pick up your car there. You would have to walk a few blocks from Union station to the Quincy stop on the loop. This option would only work if you do not have lots of luggage and can carry up and down stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back