United Flight 328 DEN-HNL 777 Feb 20, 2021 UEF ✈

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a really nice blow by blow accounting of how the incident unfolded including aircraft position, ATC, what the pilots were doing and associated info presented very nicely by someone who is a pilot himself ....

A fascinating video and a very re-assuring one for me as one who flies from time to time.

787s all have IFE's I believe.
787s are quieter.
787s have more modernized cabins.
As for the 757s, they are slowly disappearing from the skies and are a great old plane. Any avgeek would want to ride on them.
Every 777 I've flown had IFE, it may have been a tiny 4:3 screen with distorted composite video from a videocassette with no playback controls, but there was always something. I can't argue about the noise levels though. Early 777's are surprisingly loud and by the time the flight is over my ears are ringing. Newer 777's don't seem to have this problem anymore. I like most of the 787 experience but the perpetual twilight of glowing electronic window shades is rather annoying to me. I never got into the 757 the way other fans did but if that's your thing then more power to you.

Every 777 I've flown had IFE, it may have been a tiny 4:3 screen with distorted composite video from a videocassette with no playback controls, but there was always something. I can't argue about the noise levels though. Early 777's are surprisingly loud and by the time the flight is over my ears are ringing. Newer 777's don't seem to have this problem anymore. I like most of the 787 experience but the perpetual twilight of glowing electronic window shades is rather annoying to me. I never got into the 757 the way other fans did but if that's your thing then more power to you.
I flew on a 777-200 a few months back. No IFE for the four hour flight from Chicago to SFO. So...

I flew on a 777-200 a few months back. No IFE for the four hour flight from Chicago to SFO. So...
According to my memory 772's were delivered with IFE back in the 1990's.

This is what they looked like back then...

1614142587292.png

I guess United has since replaced the screens with blanks or upholstered over them.

I guess United has since replaced the screens with blanks or upholstered over them.
Yep. Because I remember being disappointed and having to watch concerts on my phone for the long flight. Didn't even have a window seat for takeoff/landing videos

"It" was the news about the conversation between the pilot and the air controller and the events.
I would not depend too much on news reports about such things. Half the time the reporting is incorrect in some way or the other.

"It" was the news about the conversation between the pilot and the air controller and the events.

The media usually screws details up, so I wouldn't worry about that part. In this incident, they were on climb out and a single engine would have no problem continuing the climb. They began their decent to get ready to land again back in Denver.

At normal cruising altitudes, such as in the 30 to 40,000 feet range, loosing an engine would require a decent as a single engine would not be able to maintain that high. So it would "drift" down to about the 20 to 25,000 foot range. It's planned for, and can even be done over the ocean for hours until they can reach their ETOPS alternate.

The media usually screws details up, so I wouldn't worry about that part. In this incident, they were on climb out and a single engine would have no problem continuing the climb. They began their decent to get ready to land again back in Denver.

At normal cruising altitudes, such as in the 30 to 40,000 feet range, loosing an engine would require a decent as a single engine would not be able to maintain that high. So it would "drift" down to about the 20 to 25,000 foot range. It's planned for, and can even be done over the ocean for hours until they can reach their ETOPS alternate.
Book it since this is from one of our One of our Airline Pilot Members !

Back