Unlucky Day For Missouri River Runner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang... not a good day. I heard about the first incident on the radio this morning on my way into work... They mentioned it on the traffic report and stated it was a "Car vs. Train" accident, but at that time they didn't mention that it was Amtrak. Given the location they mentioned and the timing, I knew the chances were good it was the MORR. This is the first I had heard of the second incident though.

How impatient must one be to risk going around the crossing gates to beat such a short train?? It isn't worth risking your life to save 45 seconds!

Turns out the second time it hit, it wasn't a car. The train grazed a utility vehicle parked too close to the tracks.

How impatient must one be to risk going around the crossing gates to beat such a short train?? It isn't worth risking your life to save 45 seconds!
They don't see it that way. All they care about is beating the train to save 45 seconds. They probably think it's a slow moving freight going maybe 40MPH and not an Amtrak going 79MPH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back