Unofficial Amtrak Timetables-2022

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know where to find the newest updated Amtrak PDF schedules.
Amtrak doesn't publish PDF timetables anymore.

You can generate a PDF schedule by going to the Schedules tab on the website, entering From & To cities and a date, clicking on the train you want, and then clicking the Printer icon, but they only show arrival and departure times for each station.

Or you can get 3rd-party software-generated PDF's approximating the look of the old timetables at Amtrak Timetables | Rail Passengers Association | Washington, DC

Last edited:

You can generate a PDF schedule by going to the Schedules tab on the website, entering From & To cities and a date, clicking on the train you want, and then clicking the Printer icon, but they only show arrival and departure times for each station.

Or you can get 3rd-party software-generated PDF's approximating the look of the old timetables at Amtrak Timetables | Rail Passengers Association | Washington, DC
Thanks

You can now also do a route timetable from the Schedules page.

Hi. I haven’t been online on the board for almost a year and I haven’t ridden Amtrak in several years so I’m way behind the curve. Pardon me if this is a dumb question, already asked and answered.

Is there anything resembling current timetables in hard copy form I could browse offline? I’m especially looking for Charlotte-New York and New York-Chicago.

I know how to Google myself and I will but I’d bet some of you here already know the answer I’m looking for.

Thx in advance for any and all tips.

Hi. I haven’t been online on the board for almost a year and I haven’t ridden Amtrak in several years so I’m way behind the curve. Pardon me if this is a dumb question, already asked and answered.

Is there anything resembling current timetables in hard copy form I could browse offline? I’m especially looking for Charlotte-New York and New York-Chicago.

I know how to Google myself and I will but I’d bet some of you here already know the answer I’m looking for.

Thx in advance for any and all tips.
Look for the "Carolinian/Piedmont" for NYC to Charlotte, and the "Lake Shore Limited" for NYC to Chicago.

Rail Passengers Association has timetables in addition to juckins.net - that link is Amtrak + VIA Rail Timetables | Rail Passengers Association | Washington, DC

Just be aware that the timetables on juckins,net are the historic last timetables published by Amtrak and may not reflect current schedules. I would verify times against what is on the Amtrak web site before making any reservations. But they are certainly good for planning purposes, seeing what trains stop where etc.

Just be aware that the timetables on juckins,net are the historic last timetables published by Amtrak and may not reflect current schedules. I would verify times against what is on the Amtrak web site before making any reservations. But they are certainly good for planning purposes, seeing what trains stop where etc.
He has the RPA timetables that were created with Amtrak’s data. Sure, they’re not 100% accurate because Amtrak’s data file has glitches.

He has the RPA timetables that were created with Amtrak’s data. Sure, they’re not 100% accurate because Amtrak’s data file has glitches.
Also because Amtrak does not do a new drop for every little change AFAICT.

Correct, and I created some of them. 😁

Anything posted to RPA I also post to juckins.net - so either page will have the latest available versions.

As Jis said, Amtrak is slow to release new data sets and they often have discrepancies in them. We clean them up as best we can with the limited tools at our disposal.

So it seems amtrak brought back readable schedules, they're not the same as before but it fills in the gap of the missing PDF schedules since covid.

You have to search by route and then click the print button inorder to see it.

1676938059490.png

1676938133808.png

1676938186071.png
It's not great (espeically how it's formatted) but after not having them for so long it feels nice to have something again.

I thought there were only station-to-station schedules, not full-line schedules no?
The train route option has been there for some time, but I don't recall for how long. Initially it was just station to station.

Only thing you need to be aware of with the Route option on Amtrak.com is that it is not really by Route but by train name. So there may be more trains between cities than you would get at first glance. For example, between Chicago and St Louis if you select Lincoln Service as the Route, you only get the 3 Lincoln Service trains. But the Lincoln Service Missouri River Runner train and the Texas Eagle train also run between Chicago and St Louis. You will have to also print those routes to get the full Chicago St Louis options.

Only thing you need to be aware of with the Route option on Amtrak.com is that it is not really by Route but by train name. So there may be more trains between cities than you would get at first glance. For example, between Chicago and St Louis if you select Lincoln Service as the Route, you only get the 3 Lincoln Service trains. But the Lincoln Service Missouri River Runner train and the Texas Eagle train also run between Chicago and St Louis. You will have to also print those routes to get the full Chicago St Louis options.
The need for specificity is an overall problem with the Amtrak site -- the need to know the train number or the specific station, not just city, when trying to get info or book travel. Many cities have multiple stations listed, including some that are obsolete or served only by buses.

It was a considered decision by Amtrak management that was announced as a step to improve the customer experience ( :D ) during the Moorman and early Anderson years to discontinue publishing printed timetables and producing even the PDF. Delusions ran deep in that regime.

Back