Unreserved Tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianpmcdonnell17

Conductor
How long are unreserved tickets usable from the departure date listed on the ticket? I bought a ticket for the Pacific Surfliner in coach and need to push the travel date back by about a week, so do I need to change the reservation? I have used unreserved tickets on the Hiawatha before, but never on a different departure day than the original reservation. I booked during the points sale so would prefer to avoid changing the reservation if possible.

How long are unreserved tickets usable from the departure date listed on the ticket? I bought a ticket for the Pacific Surfliner in coach and need to push the travel date back by about a week, so do I need to change the reservation? I have used unreserved tickets on the Hiawatha before, but never on a different departure day than the original reservation. I booked during the points sale so would prefer to avoid changing the reservation if possible.

As it stands right now, I believe all trains require Reservations to allow for Physical Distancing. Even those that are normally "unreserved". Such as Pacific Surfliners, Keystone, etc. So your best be is to make the appropriate modification. But normally tickets are good for one year.

As it stands right now, I believe all trains require Reservations to allow for Physical Distancing. Even those that are normally "unreserved". Such as Pacific Surfliners, Keystone, etc. So your best be is to make the appropriate modification. But normally tickets are good for one year.
When did that take effect? I ask because the ticket includes a notice of the latest mask requirement but is still listed as unreserved and has blackout dates listed.

Back