Unusual Fare System on Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UK Gov advice against all none essential travel globally is not going to be lifted before the 20th May unfortunately. Given if you travel against this advice your travel insurance will be null and void and the high price of medical care in the US I personally wouldnt travel against this advice.
Oh I wouldn't go if that was the advice - the reality is that I'm waiting for Virgin Atlantic to cancel my flights and refund me. I can't have that much money sitting in a voucher for future travel :-(

Oh I wouldn't go if that was the advice - the reality is that I'm waiting for Virgin Atlantic to cancel my flights and refund me. I can't have that much money sitting in a voucher for future travel :-(
All UK travel insurers will pay out of virgin don't cancel their flights and the no none essential travel advisory remains in place (which it will).

I find it interesting that in this crisis the airlines don’t give refunds on most fares average people actually buy (only credits) but Amtrak will provide a full refund.

Amtrak could have followed the same policy and reduced the amount of their huge losses due to the situation. Whether this policy goes all the way up to Anderson or not I have no idea - but it certainly should be applauded.

Because they're going to or from somewhere between Seattle and Spokane?

From Spokane to Seattle there are six stops but I would guess that the main passenger traffic is to Seattle. People all along the route could very well be taking the train to those Washington stops but the much lower fares on 27 and 28 would reflect fewer people going on to Portland. Your reply seems perfectly logical

Back