upcoming delays in processing AGR credit card points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricia

Conductor
From an email sent to me yesterday, about my AGR Mastercard:

"As a result of system updates, various cardholder benefits may be delayed from April 18 until April 28, including the posting of Amtrak Guest Rewards® points earned with your credit card and point rebates from Amtrak® reward travel. Please note that all activity will post on or shortly after April 29, 2021."

From an email sent to me yesterday, about my AGR Mastercard:

"As a result of system updates, various cardholder benefits may be delayed from April 18 until April 28, including the posting of Amtrak Guest Rewards® points earned with your credit card and point rebates from Amtrak® reward travel. Please note that all activity will post on or shortly after April 29, 2021."
I got the same, think everyone with AGR Membership and BOA Card is getting it!

Didn't get the email.
I tried using the Shopping Portal this morning. After logging in to Amtrak and AGR ok, it wouldn't log me in to the shopping portal.
Wonder if that is related or, maybe because its Sunday. IDK!

I took the Texas Eagle/Sunset Ltd RT from AUS-ALP April 14-16 and my Points were Posted by the 19th on AGR.( I have the BOA AGR Platinum Master Card)

Luckily I have not had any problems having my Points earned post to AGR during the Year Long Pandemic where I used my AGR Card to accumulate Points.

I still preferred dealing with Chase when they had the AGR Card.

I took the Texas Eagle/Sunset Ltd RT from AUS-ALP April 14-16 and my Points were Posted by the 19th on AGR.( I have the BOA AGR Platinum Master Card)

Luckily I have not had any problems having my Points earned post to AGR during the Year Long Pandemic where I used my AGR Card to accumulate Points.

I still preferred dealing with Chase when they had the AGR Card.

From how I read the email, the points delay is only for points earned through the BoA credit cards, not from trips taken or other earning unrelated to the credit card.

(Of course, these days I barely pay attention to what I earn through the AGR card - even Amtrak travel gets put on a different card that earns 5% cash back on ground transportation travel, including Amtrak. The AGR card is basically just there to keep points active and for the points rebate.)

From how I read the email, the points delay is only for points earned through the BoA credit cards, not from trips taken or other earning unrelated to the credit card.

(Of course, these days I barely pay attention to what I earn through the AGR card - even Amtrak travel gets put on a different card that earns 5% cash back on ground transportation travel, including Amtrak. The AGR card is basically just there to keep points active and for the points rebate.)
Thanks Jeb,I believe you are correct.

Well, it actually was upgraded. The points are posting with different descriptions in the AGR account than they did before -- somewhat clearer descriptions actually.

Back