Upcoming Site Software Change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion from Staff: please wait for about 48 hours before making suggestions for improvements, etc. The tech team is still working and things may be changing in the next day or so.
Again, thank you for your patience.
:)

I don't see any way to mark a forum read.

Other than reading it?

Reading the forum does not mark it as read. Apparently, even reading every unread thread in the forum does not mark the forum as read. (Yes, I just tried it.)

There is a control titled MARK FORUMS READ at the top of the screen. For me, if I am in a forum, it offers me the opportunity to mark all forums as read or to mark the current forum as read. Choosing to mark the current forum as read marked every thread in the forum as read, but it did not mark the forum as read, that is, the forum name (one level up in the hierarchy) continued to be shown in bold, even after refreshing the page. Even choosing Mark all forums read did not change all forum names to non-bold. (Two forum names did change to non-bold.) But at least there is a mechanism for marking threads in a forum as read.

Suggestion from Staff: please wait for about 48 hours before making suggestions for improvements, etc. The tech team is still working and things may be changing in the next day or so.
Again, thank you for your patience.
:)

I know Penny suggested waiting, but if you could go to THIS THREAD to list any questions or comments. I need to zero in on anything and everything I can today. I'm also working with the Admin team to get settings just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back