Update as promised!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baystater

I see that things have been reorganized on the boards and that this probably belongs over in the travelogue folder, but I figured I'd do a short update here, since this is where I first posted.

Our first Amtrak trip was great! I am now a walking Amtrak commercial.

The legs of our trip were:

MA-> Cleveland (Lake Shore Limited)

Cleveland -> South Bend (Pennsylvanian)

South Bend -> Chicago (Lake Shore Limited)

Chicago -> LA (SW Chief)

LA -> Solana Beach (Surfliner)

Reno -> Chicago (Zephyr)

Chicago -> MA (Lake Shore Limited)

My initial question was to ask what we should do on our 5-hour layover in Chicago and the respondents told me that we should not count on 5 hours! They were right. We did have time to go to Lou Mitchell's for lunch, as suggested and enjoyed it.

Overall, the train rides were very enjoyable, except that we seemed to sit near noisy snorers all the way out west.

I tried to shoot 2 minutes of video for every hour of daylight on our trip and am having fun compiling them into little movies. We found that the book "USA by Rail" was very good for figuring out what we saw along the way.

I need to write a long letter of thanks to Amtrak and I appreciate all the answers we got to our questions before we went. It certainly helped make a difference in knowing what to expect. :)

Thanks all!

[/html][/code]

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed it. I did my first trip this summer and it was great. Will you be posting a trip report?

Scott

>>Will you be posting a trip report?

I suppose I should! I am still sorting through all the video I took and working on a thank you letter to Amtrak. When I have time, I will post....

Glad you had a good trip , my wife and I are leaving Friday from Boston- to Flagstaff. We will be on the Lake Shore Lim. this train has had some rude and surly dining car crews on recent trips. I wonder if we can expect a better additude since Mr Gunn took over. How were you treated on the LSL? We have taken this train many times and this is the only problem we have had. I think it will take more than somebody;s lousy additude to keep us of any train. Wish us luck! Jack M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back