Upgrade/Companion/Lounge Coupons: seeking, available, questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Update: One of the two Companion Coupons has been requested.

Formerly just a reader, I'm new here. I signed on to offer a pair of Companion Coupons that have an expiry on 10/24/2022. These are at no cost.

I'd love to pass them along to a fellow railfan (new or experienced), especially if you'd like to make a longer-distance run or cut down on the cost of a more expensive trip! Leave a reply or let's connect in order to get you on your way!

Terms:
  • Coupon valid for one (1) free companion rail fare with the purchase of one (1) regular (full) adult rail fare. Free companion and paying passenger must reserve at the same time and travel together at all times.
  • Each coupon is valid for travel as one (1) one-way reservation.
  • Travel blackouts apply: November 22-23, 2022; November 26-28, 2022; November 21-22, 2023; November 25-27, 2023.
  • Valid for travel on all Amtrak service except train/Thruway series 7000-8999.
  • Free companion offer is not combinable with any discount, coupon, or Amtrak Guest Rewards® redemption travel.
  • The Coupon# is unique to your coupon and valid for one use only. Buying or selling this coupon is prohibited and will invalidate the coupon. Coupon may be transferred to a family member or friend.
  • Offer valid for Coach class or Acela Business class. Upgrade to Business class or Acela First class is available upon full payment of applicable accommodation charges.
  • Offer also valid for private rooms including Roomettes, Bedrooms, Bedroom Suites and Accessible Bedrooms; offer excludes Family Bedrooms.
  • Other restrictions may apply.

Last edited:

Ronbo

Lead Service Attendant
I have 1 upgrade coupon, and 2 companion coupons that expire on 03/30/2023 that I have no use for. Up for grabs, let me know and I will be more than happy to send you the code!

Edit: the upgrade coupon was taken, still have the companion coupons.

Last edited:
Hi all, planning a short trip in Northeast with my parents. Wanted to drop by NY Penn Station lounge during the trip, but one lounge pass won't cover the 3 of us, right?

I'm assuming we'll need two passes for us - if anyone has some to offer, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance. Oh, and I can send a mailing label to you, so postage will be covered from my side.

SNJRider

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Hi all, planning a short trip in Northeast with my parents. Wanted to drop by NY Penn Station lounge during the trip, but one lounge pass won't cover the 3 of us, right?

I'm assuming we'll need two passes for us - if anyone has some to offer, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance. Oh, and I can send a mailing label to you, so postage will be covered from my side.
I think you only need one lounge pass. One pass will cover the immediate family.
edit: Just saw you are going with parents, I'm assuming you are all over 21.

joelkfla

Engineer
I think you only need one lounge pass. One pass will cover the immediate family.
That's what was printed on the back of my pass from last year, but the AGR website says it includes only spouse/domestic partner & children under 21.

Update: One of the two Companion Coupons has been requested.

Formerly just a reader, I'm new here. I signed on to offer a pair of Companion Coupons that have an expiry on 10/24/2022. These are at no cost.

I'd love to pass them along to a fellow railfan (new or experienced), especially if you'd like to make a longer-distance run or cut down on the cost of a more expensive trip! Leave a reply or let's connect in order to get you on your way!

Terms:
  • Coupon valid for one (1) free companion rail fare with the purchase of one (1) regular (full) adult rail fare. Free companion and paying passenger must reserve at the same time and travel together at all times.
  • Each coupon is valid for travel as one (1) one-way reservation.
  • Travel blackouts apply: November 22-23, 2022; November 26-28, 2022; November 21-22, 2023; November 25-27, 2023.
  • Valid for travel on all Amtrak service except train/Thruway series 7000-8999.
  • Free companion offer is not combinable with any discount, coupon, or Amtrak Guest Rewards® redemption travel.
  • The Coupon# is unique to your coupon and valid for one use only. Buying or selling this coupon is prohibited and will invalidate the coupon. Coupon may be transferred to a family member or friend.
  • Offer valid for Coach class or Acela Business class. Upgrade to Business class or Acela First class is available upon full payment of applicable accommodation charges.
  • Offer also valid for private rooms including Roomettes, Bedrooms, Bedroom Suites and Accessible Bedrooms; offer excludes Family Bedrooms.
  • Other restrictions may apply.
Hey, new to the site, hoping you still have one of those companion passes left! THANKS!

TheCrescent

Lead Service Attendant
Yes, actually, plans changed and it's just my mom and I going. So one would be perfect. PM me your address and I'll send you a mailing label.
I really really appreciate it!
Happy to do it, although I can’t seem to PM. Please feel free to send your address to me and I’ll drop it in the mail if you want (it fits in a regular envelope).