Upgrade/Companion/Lounge Coupons: seeking, available, questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Cal

Engineer
Can select plus passengers bring a companion into the lounge with them using their card?

daybeers

Conductor
Does anyone have any spare lounge passes? I have Select Plus so I don't need it but have a friend who is traveling soon who could use one.

The newest Amtrak app update allows displaying your member card on the home page which is nice. In Account->Lounge Access, it says I don't have any lounge passes available, so maybe they're finally getting rid of the last paper coupon.

Cal

Engineer
If you both have a same-day ticket, yes. You don't have to be on the same ticket or even same train.
Okay, because I was trying to get into the LA lounge and the attendant said we both needed to have Select Plus to be admitted.

daybeers

Conductor
Okay, because I was trying to get into the LA lounge and the attendant said we both needed to have Select Plus to be admitted.
Hmm...maybe they changed the rules across the network because they only list guests being allowed under ClubAcela, of which only one is left, in Washington.

This hasn't been an issue when I've gone with guests this year, however, and archive.org shows the current wording was in place back in January.

I'd say it's just bad website wording.

Hello. I am newbie here. Plan to ride Amtrak first time far away from home Georgia to Texas and California and, then straight back home Georgia on September. Any coupons to help me saving money?
Thank you very much.